Wednesday, January 17, 2018

my everyday style: neutral layers!

My mind is on spring, but the weather is still firmly planted in winter. So to get by I've been depending on simple neutral layers daily.  An easy cardigan and a simple striped t-shirt are the perfect combo for these long winter days.  If you live somewhere it's not too cold then this could be a complete outfit. If you live where it's cold like me then you will find me wearing this outfit with a long belted puffer or wool coat over top. Either way... the simple layers transition easily from the plaid, fair isle and bulky sweaters of November and December easily into less and less layers over the coming months.

I love pieces like this striped t-shirt and this cardigan this time of year because they are just so versatile.  This cardigan is perfect now layered over long sleeves, but as the weather warms it would be great over a sun dress or tank top.  And likewise with this classic striped top.  Right now it's layered with a cardigan but as the weather warms in the coming months it's great on it's own or with shorts. 

January and February shopping and dressing is ALL about transition for me. I am constantly thinking about how the purchases I am making these days will transition to spring. It's also a great time of year to think about investing in those classic season-less pieces as well.  Your future wardrobe will thank you!












Outfit Details:
Bag (similar or similar)
Circle Necklace (similar or similar)


 

site design by kiki co.