Tuesday, November 21, 2017

holiday gift guide 2017: for the tweens/teens!

My gift guides continue today with another hard to buy for crowd... the tweens and teens.  Since my kids are 10 & 13 now I am officially retiring the "kids gift guide" and moving into a gift guide aimed at older kids with maybe a few items thrown in for those "young at heart" teens.  It's hard to believe those kiddos of mine are so grown up these days. But they are! And while I am really enjoying this stage of motherhood it is a really tough one to buy for.  They usually want a lot of big ticket items (like a computer, iPad, iPhone, etc...) that they may or may NOT be receiving, but I still want them to have a few more gifts wrapped under the tree.

This gift guide for tweens and Teens is inspired by my own kids.  They are PICKY and I know that they would love each item on this list - I scoured the internet to find creative and fresh gift picks for those hard to buy older kids and also threw in a few classic gifts as well.  My kids always love a few practical gifts like a new robe or beanie hat that will get lots of use this winter. For the kid at heart this snap together X-Wing Fighter model is pretty awesome, I adore this astronaut duvet set (there are also ballerinas, dinosaurs and more!) and these fashion icon paper dolls are pretty rad. For the adventurer these packable and portable hammock kits are awesome and they are available in tons colors and under $50.  For the techy teen in your life a fun polaroid camera or charger cord set is the perfect gift. My kids are super into crazy socks right now... these llama (camel!?!) socks are so crazy and weird I know they would be a hit.  Shoes are ALWAYS a winner for my kids... they can't get enough of new sneakers and hunter boots are always a win for the girls.

I hope this list inspires your gift buying for those tricky tweens and teens in your life!


heart robestriped robeboys 'chill' beaniesquishies (my kids are OBSESSED with these right now!), portable hammockfair isle pom pom hathunter bootsX-Wing Fighter model (easily snaps together), charger cord set (under $15!), polaroid camerablue fleece pull-overarmy green sneakersfashion icon paper dollsastronaut duvet set (so fun! Or there is a ballerina, dinosaur and others!), headphones (under $50!), waterproof bluetooth speaker (under $50!), llama sockspink hooded t-shirtkitty socks (only $15!), DIY tinted lip balm kitsour candy set


Shop the pieces by scrolling below...


 

site design by kiki co.